Author Topic: Endurance Mode Level 3 - Cosmos  (Read 14765 times)

mrspockfan

• View Profile
Endurance Mode Level 3 - Cosmos
« on: November 07, 2009, 08:19:55 PM »
I have been trying to complete this level for a while and get about half way and then killed.  My hand is very tired.  If I manage to complete this level and choose the Gravity Well, will the game record the higher medal that you get, e.g. from bronze to gold? 

Are there any hints, advice you can give to help.  I try to stay in the middle of the screen so I can see the amoebas and space-clusters coming, while eating any small items that come my way.  When you guys labeled this Endurance mode, you weren't kidding. 

Lastly, is there a cheat code I can use for this level, please, pretty please. My hand is really tired and hurting.

P.S. I finished Casual Mode and Normal Mode with all bronze.  Working on getting silver medals but having some difficulty.  I really like the rainbow cheat for my Goo Guy and this game is fun.  Thanks..
Live Long and Prosper

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dingo Games
    • Email
Re: Endurance Mode Level 3 - Cosmos
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 03:25:41 AM »
The endurance levels are sort of a throwback to the original "eat 'em up" game Shark Shark. So they are supposed to be really challenging. And the third endurance level is particularly hard. Probably the hardest in the game.

I think that your strategy of staying in the middle of the level is good - it gives you more directions to run if an amoeba comes after you. I can't say there are too many other tips... it's really a question of endurance ;). Let's see... If your hand is getting tired, you could pause the game (space bar) and rest for a bit, or you could use the arrow keys instead of the mouse. One thing that might help is to turn the "Grey Goo Speed" all the way up in the options menu. This will make the grey goo respond more quickly to your mouse movements.

You could try playing really conservatively. By that I mean don't go chasing after really tiny superclusers, just go for the ones that are closer to your own size (and will therefor have a greater growth effect on you).

If you get Gravity Well cheat and turn it on, the game won't save any progress that you make. Same with any cheat that actually helps you. Purely cosmetic cheats like the rainbow goo still allow you to progress. The cheats are just to play around with, they won't help you get higher medals.

mrspockfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 07:37:09 AM »
Thanks James.  I'll try your suggestions on Endurance Mode.  I have my doubts that I will ever get gold medals for all 60 levels, but for now I'll keep trying for the silver.  :)
Live Long and Prosper

mrspockfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 03:55:05 PM »
James,

Finally completed Endurance Level 3. Hip Hip Hooray....only took 70 minutes. I came close a few times and got impatient, but the best part was watching those amoebas run for their lives. I know this is petty, but revenge is sweet.. ;D

Now on to completing the silver medals. I have seven more to turn silver... Do you know where I can buy a robotic arm?  I can't seem to get my arm to move faster ;D

Luckily, owning the game gives you the time to finish at your own speed.  Thanks for the encouragement.
Live Long and Prosper

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dingo Games
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 04:27:24 PM »
Awesome, I'm glad that you beat it!