Author Topic: unable to to save madame bonacieu  (Read 10547 times)

iragrossman

• View Profile
    • Email
unable to to save madame bonacieu
« on: November 18, 2009, 11:21:04 PM »
WHILE PLAYING THE Three Musketeers, I am unable to defeat the Cardinal's guards to rescue madame Bonacieu.  Can you offer a suggestion or hint on how to prevent D'artagnan from being slain.  I have fought the guards about 10 times, but no luck.  D'artagnan keeps getting slain.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dingo Games
    • Email
Re: unable to to save madame bonacieu
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 12:30:26 AM »
Not that it really matters, but I'm assuming that you at the point in the game where the Cardinal's Guards set the "mousetrap", and you have to save Madame Bonacieux downstairs.

If you ever find the enemies too hard, there are a few things that you can do:
1. First and easiest, is to just buy more ointments. Most innkeepers sell ointments, or you can find them by looking inside crates, barrels, and chests.
2. You could also go fight some lesser enemies and "level up" your abilities. Just wander around Paris a bit, and when you see some people trying to pick a fight with you, talk to them and fight them. After you beat enough of them you will level up (meaning that d'Artagnan will do better in future fights).
3. Go buy some better equipment. The simplest thing to do is to buy a better sword from the blacksmith in Paris. You need a bit of money, but this will make a big difference in beating that mission.