Author Topic: Version Updates  (Read 9076 times)

Aradan69

• View Profile
Version Updates
« on: February 10, 2010, 03:17:13 AM »
Hi James,
I was wondering somthing. I bought my copy of Tasty Planet from Reflexive.com and I got curious recently about updates to it (and your other games too possibly). You see my copy that from Reflexive states version 1.1.0.21, and the version on your download demo is version 1.2 (when you goto options from the main menu). Now, reflexive has a tab on there page for Tasty Planet regarding updates but there is no info there, and on your website I havent seen any info regarding update releases and what has been updated/fixed etc.

So, i have the following questions;
1. Am i entitled to the latest version of Tasty Planet seeing as I have all ready bought a copy, be it from a different source, and if so where can i get the update?
2. Is there a place to check updates releases and if not will you start creating a release log for your games?
3. ..... i'm out, hehe.

Cheers,
-Andy
-Andy

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dingo Games
    • Email
Re: Version Updates
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 04:55:21 AM »
The release history of Tasty Planet is kind of complicated because I originally released it directly through my own site, but a few months later I changed the engine that it was built on and PlayFirst started distributing it for me... and I continued selling the game using the original engine from my own site.

Basically, if the game is working fine for you then there is no reason to get the newest version, because there haven't been any new features added recently. Also, the save data from the Reflexive version won't be compatible with the save data from my site's version.

To answer your questions:
1) Yeah, if you still want the latest version from me, send me an email. Technically, the site that you bought it from is responsible for support, but when someone emails me about a game, I generally help them out.

2) No, I don't have anywhere online that lists this stuff currently. Maybe I'll start tweeting when I do updates.

Aradan69

• View Profile
Re: Version Updates
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 05:47:36 PM »
Many thanks James,

Cheers,
-Andy
-Andy