Author Topic: Level 42  (Read 17023 times)

mrspockfan

• View Profile
Level 42
« on: May 11, 2010, 06:26:34 PM »
James,

I seem to be stuck reaching level 42.  The game gives me a lot of Rochellais to dispatch in the same scene (if I stay in the area, they keep coming in two, six) but, the level bar does not move past a certain point.

Alas, I think this is it for my goal of reaching the last level (in this lifetime) :) 

Anyway, after you finish "Tasty Planet - a la mode", which I'm looking forward to playing, please consider working on "Three Musketeers - 20 years later".

Thanks.
Live Long and Prosper

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dingo Games
    • Email
Re: Level 42
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 07:47:55 PM »
Wow, I never thought anyone would make it to such a high level! I believe that I mentioned this before, but the issue is simply that the enemies have a maximum difficulty. After you get past roughly level 30, the random encounters won't get any more difficult. In other words, D'Artagnan is the baddest fighter in the land, so there is no one to really challenge him.

In theory you could still increase your level, but it gets exponentially harder. At this point you might need to defeat 100 enemies just to see your experience bar increase by 1 pixel. To get to level 42 you would need to defeat tens of thousands of enemies (and level 43 might be hundreds of thousands).

But wow, I'm sure that is the highest level anyone has ever reached.  :)