Author Topic: Story in bonus mode?  (Read 5636 times)

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dingo Games
    • Email
Story in bonus mode?
« on: September 11, 2010, 01:21:04 AM »
I'm moving a few posts from my blog to here because they are cumbersome to answer there.

Strawberry asked, "I don’t have the full game so can you answer me these: the bonus levels that are new to the player are based on the main adventure? Also, in multiplayer mode, is it possible for one goo to be about 3 metres and the other 1cm?"

The bonus levels don't have any story component to them. There are almost 50 bonus levels, some are brand new, some are more challenging versions of the levels from the main game.

In two player mode you can be quite a bit bigger than the other goo but not 300x as in your example. When the level "zooms out" to the next portion of the level, if one goo is way smaller his size will get increased. It would be unplayable otherwise, because there would be nothing left for the smaller goo to eat (and he would be so small that you wouldn't be able to see him). There is also a handicap so that the bigger player grows more slowly and the smaller player grows more quickly - this keeps the goo sizes closer together and encourages cooperation (hogging all the food isn't a good strategy if you want a good time).
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 01:06:20 PM by James »