Author Topic: I ate the high scores  (Read 100877 times)

Kren

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: I ate the high scores
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2010, 02:52:53 PM »
how do you know if it is the same person if they changed their (score)name? ???

Kren

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2010, 02:53:08 PM »
how do you know if it is the same person if they changed their (score)name? ???
yay 4th page!

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dingo Games
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2010, 06:04:15 PM »
ThirdParty probably knew it was the same person by recalling what position/scores "Michael" had. I don't think there would be any other way to tell.

But that explains why I couldn't find had this "Michael" person when I looked through the scores.

ThirdParty

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2010, 11:19:01 PM »
Quote from: James
ThirdParty probably knew it was the same person by recalling what position/scores "Michael" had. I don't think there would be any other way to tell.
Yes, that's right.

Michael played through the entire single-player game and submitted scores; but Bluepenguin is currently the only person other than myself and James (Picard) to have submitted a score for "All the Way Down (Hard)".  Also, Michael beat or nearly-matched scores on "From Ants to Tanks (Normal)", "Machinelaser (Normal)", and "Exploding Ants" that I had set after having beaten all of James (Mr Kittens)'s times, and therefore Michael beat James's times on those levels; but Bluepenguin is currently the only person other than myself to be ahead of James on those levels.

ThirdParty

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2010, 01:09:34 PM »
Bluepenguin beat my scores on "Snack to the Future Hard" and "Final Frontier Hard".  I've reclaimed them.

Kren

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2010, 12:45:37 PM »
50th Reply!!! ;D ;D

Kren

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2010, 02:03:19 PM »
OMG WAT ???
I beat a highscore that thirdparty set?  ;D
I don't know how, but I got 3:21 on that level! and I thought I was doing poorly, because I got hit by 7 lasers.

ThirdParty

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2010, 06:40:23 PM »
Bluepenguin beat my high scores on "Cretaceous Critters", "Save the Dinosaurs", "Always a Bigger Fish", "Final Frontier", and "All the Way Down"; Kren beat my high score on "Solar System Snack".  Congratulations to both: my high scores on these levels were quite solid, and beating them is an impressive achievement.  (However, I went back and replayed all of them until I had the top positions again.  You haven't defeated me yet!)

Kren

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2010, 03:38:33 PM »
Yeah, I'm not one to gloat, but it was too easy. As I said, I thought I was doing poorly because I got hit by lasers 7 times and when I had to eat the inner planets, I found I had not eaten enough asteroids. LOL!  ;D ;D
But I don't think I'll be able to beat that myself...

ThirdParty

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2010, 01:47:26 PM »
Bluepenguin has beaten four more of my high scores.  I've reclaimed "Edible Egypt", but don't have time to attack the others at the moment; they may stand at least until I return from "vacation" (aka "business trip whose itinerary has been so disrupted by a blizzard that it begins to seem unlikely that any business will be concluded").

edited later:  In fact, I did find time to reclaim the other scores ("From Ants to Tanks", "Final Frontier", and "All the Way Down").  I'm still getting better at the game; "All the Way Down" took fewer tries to reclaim this time than it did last time, even the score I was trying to beat was substantially lower.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 11:02:26 PM by ThirdParty »

ThirdParty

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2010, 12:20:49 AM »
I gave some attention to "Munching on Mummies" because James beat my score and then because my new score was so close to a minute that I wanted to get it under a minute.  I got it under a minute.

Kren

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2010, 02:42:44 PM »
So, I still have the Highscore on "Solar System Snack"? WOOT! ;D

ThirdParty

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2010, 05:24:32 PM »
Eh?  No, the score I set for "Solar System Snack" on the 25th is still standing.

Kren

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2010, 06:17:22 PM »
Wait, what? ???

ThirdParty

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2011, 09:32:45 PM »
Bluepenguin beat ten of my high scores.  (Wow.  Either I haven't been checking the standings frequently enough, he had a marathon session, or he accumulated scores for a while without submitting them.)  I've reclaimed "Cretaceous Critters" and "From Ants to Tanks (Hard)".  I haven't attempted the other eight yet; maybe tomorrow.  This is the fun thing about the high scores feature: it keeps generating new challenges.