Author Topic: I ate the high scores  (Read 100452 times)

ThirdParty

• View Profile
Re: I ate the high scores
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2011, 05:46:32 PM »
I reclaimed "Snack to the Future" (both versions) and "Solar System Snack" (both versions) from Bluepenguin, but while I was doing it he reclaimed "From Ants to Tanks" (both versions) and "Cretaceous Critters" from me.  And I still haven't attempted to retake "Final Frontier" (both versions) or "All the Way Down" (both versions), so Bluepenguin still holds seven high scores.  He may end up keeping some of them if he can continue the current pace.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dingo Games
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2011, 12:10:38 AM »
I'm happy someone else is challenging your scores (because I can't do it)!

I used to think that I must be the best in the world at my own games, but now I know how wrong I was.  :)

ThirdParty

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2011, 07:14:02 PM »
I reclaimed "From Ants to Tanks" (both versions) and "Final Frontier" (both versions).  These were hard!  There are too many parts of them where I'm fuzzy on what the best strategy is.  I keep making mistakes, getting to a point where I'd planned to eat something but find that I can't, without knowing what I've done wrong.

ThirdParty

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2011, 10:38:48 PM »
... And now I hold all the high scores again.  But Bluepenguin's best times on "Final Frontier" and "All the Way Down" improved even as I was beating them, so it's clear he's still actively seeking out new strategies.  (Whereas I'm pretty much content to sit back and let other people discover what times are possible, and only then figure out how they did it.  There are only a handful of levels that I've optimized beyond what was necessary to take the top score.)

Kren

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2011, 03:47:51 PM »
how the heck did you get 9 seconds on gooturistic ???

ThirdParty

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2011, 07:09:07 PM »
Yes, that was a nice score, wasn't it?  (ThirdParty beats his old "Gooturistic" score to make sure he still remembers the strategy.)

My strategy has three parts:
1:10-1:08.  Go north and grow to about 1.8mm by eating dew from the leaf.
1:07-1:04.  Go west and grow to about 4.1mm by eating pebbles.
1:04-1:01.  Improvise on the basis of the enemy goo's position.

ThirdParty

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2011, 07:43:36 PM »
Somebody named "Nibbler" edged out my score on "Cherry Blossoms".  I've edged back.

I never thought I'd be able to hold down the whole high scores list for this long.  It's still only a matter of time before someone posts a score that I simply can't match... but it hasn't happened yet.

Kren

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2011, 01:54:58 PM »
It turns out I am a lot better at this game (high score-wise) than I originally thought. I actually have thirteen second-place scores 8). That means it's only a matter of time before I can compete at your level, ThirdParty ;) :P

EDIT: Further searching with James' nifty little program shows I have the number one high score on the two player version of "Feast". So, maybe my brother is actually close to MY level. Remember when I was asking about the 2 player bonus levels? I had said I had nobody at or near my experience level. No longer true. Also James, when I use CTRL+F to search for 1, it shows about 100 results that aren't in the leftmost column. This also happens on a smaller scale with 2, 3, etc. Is it at all possible to discern between them? For example, you could make the leftmost column spell out the word "one" or "two" or whatever position it is.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 02:01:39 PM by Kren »

ThirdParty

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2011, 10:20:16 PM »
Quote from: Kren
It turns out I am a lot better at this game (high score-wise) than I originally thought. I actually have thirteen second-place scores 8).
Nicely done.

Further searching with James' nifty little program shows I have the number one high score on the two player version of "Feast".
Not any more, you don't. :P

James, when I use CTRL+F to search for 1, it shows about 100 results that aren't in the leftmost column. This also happens on a smaller scale with 2, 3, etc. Is it at all possible to discern between them?
Tip: the list is easier to work with if you copy it out of your web browser and paste it into a spreadsheet program.  Then you can do things like sort it by one of the columns.

Kren

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2011, 08:27:37 AM »
It turns out I am a lot better at this game (high score-wise) than I originally thought. I actually have thirteen second-place scores 8).
Nicely done.

Further searching with James' nifty little program shows I have the number one high score on the two player version of "Feast".
Not any more, you don't. :P
Oh, I see how it is.

James, when I use CTRL+F to search for 1, it shows about 100 results that aren't in the leftmost column. This also happens on a smaller scale with 2, 3, etc. Is it at all possible to discern between them?
Tip: the list is easier to work with if you copy it out of your web browser and paste it into a spreadsheet program.  Then you can do things like sort it by one of the columns.

Kren

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2011, 08:28:15 AM »
err, that post came out messed up.

Nibbler

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2011, 09:51:45 PM »
Hello. Apparently you realized I beat you on cherry blossoms. I guess I have to reclaim it. I had it for three weeks at least. That must be a record, right? Longest time a record was taken away from ThirdParty.

ThirdParty

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2011, 09:09:11 PM »
Might be a record, yeah.  I haven't been paying much attention to the high scores list lately.

Nibbler

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2011, 11:33:26 PM »
Finally! That was hard. It took so many tries but I did it. I have beaten you on cherry blossoms.

As I side note I have now golded all the levels of the lab on normal mode. lol

ThirdParty

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2011, 07:57:27 PM »
"Cherry Blossoms" is mine again.  Barely.