Author Topic: Version 1.0.5.0 Released  (Read 4065 times)

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dingo Games
    • Email
Version 1.0.5.0 Released
« on: October 09, 2010, 05:14:46 AM »
New version released! Not much different in this one - basically it's just a fix in the bonus level "Fast Cats".

The new version is 1.0.5.0. You can see what version of the game you have by looking at the bottom of the options screen.

As mentioned previously, if you ordered in the last month you should be able to reuse your original download link. If you ordered longer ago and want the update email me and I'll send it to you.

timetravel

• a fool and his money is soon parted.
    • View Profile
    • blahblahblaheat.deviantart.com
Re: Version 1.0.5.0 Released
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 07:28:29 AM »
you will just release new versions of the game until everybody is ok with the game?:-\:-\:-\:-\:-\        :-\ :o 8) :-* :`( :) i am just practcing my emotocoms.
My tooth dissapered-- maybe the goo ate it.
My dreams dissapered--maybe the goo ate them.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dingo Games
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 02:49:34 PM »
I'll try to fix any significant problems with the game. Usually I do a lot of updates when a game first comes out, because that's when I hear about all the little things that I missed in my own testing. As a game gets older, I do updates less frequently.

ariinya

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 05:14:41 PM »
I'm a little curious about the time system in this game, as opposed to the first.  It seems different... though I'm not sure how to describe it.  I liked how it was in the first game, where you could check the time and restart if you felt the need to.

Am I just insane, or is it different in 2?  And if so, can there be an option to switch to the original system in the menu?

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dingo Games
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 01:05:37 AM »
Yeah, it's different. The Tasty Planet 1 medals showed what time you needed to have remaining on the clock after beating a level (higher is better). These times matched the in game countdown timer.

Tasty Planet 2 medals show the time that you need to beat the level under (lower is better). This doesn't match the in-game countdown timer (because it counts down rather than up).

The Tasty Planet 1 method never felt right to me, because the times listed aren't your level times, they are the "Time left on clock". It always felt weird to me. That's why I changed it. The problem with the way it is now is that you can't compare the medal times to the in-game timer (without doing some math first). Maybe I'll add something to help with this.

ThirdParty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 11:45:57 AM »
I like the TP2 system of showing medal requirements and best times.  It lets me know how long to expect any given level to last, which makes it easier to use TP2 to kill small amounts of time.  (e.g. "I have to leave to go catch a bus in three minutes, so don't have time for a very long level, but if I leave now I'll just be standing in the cold for three extra minutes.  So I'll play a level that says it will take three minutes.")

But I agree that it would sometimes be nice to be able to compare the in-game clock to the medal / high score times, without having to pause the game and do the subtraction.