Author Topic: All Gold Medal Videos  (Read 53636 times)

Nibbler

• View Profile
Re: All Gold Medal Videos
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2012, 11:53:36 PM »
Sorry for double post, but...the idea actually works. It seems that the happy music distracts me. The petal munching sounds do seem to be necessary. SSBB Tabuu with petal sounds lowers my average from normal music with petal by 1.17 seconds! I'm focusing too much on this...

I played the level with various types of boss music (and TP2's normal music) 3 times for each music. I recorded the times and averaged them. I also compared the times with no music (just petal) and no sound at all.

My averages.

Normal 32.02
No sound at all 31.89
Terraria 31.71 (at first, this was the only music I could think of for some reason)
Zelda OoT 31.42
No music 31.33
SMG Bowser 31.30 (only one of these I don't own)
SSBB Tabuu 30.85

Never actually heard these. Had to YouTube them.

Terraria I've played for about 5 minutes, OoT I got halfway through then I got tired, I only own SMG2 and not the original, and I've only done the first 3 stages of SSBB SE.

Also, even if the music is good, don't overlap TP2 music on it and remove petal sounds.

Tabuu+TP2-Petal 32.11
Tabuu+TP2+Petal 31.39 (Petal sounds make a difference even with this horrible idea.)
Tabuu No Petal No TP2 31.36 (Still .51 seconds higher than wth Petal.)

Any other music I could try? If I can't get the record after a while, I have a few ideas. There's a song I really like in Eve Online, I might try some Katamari, and of course World 1-1 of the original Super Mario Bros. is required. I like Christmas music, so I might turn on Jingle Bells for no reason. If all else fails, torture self with Nyan Cat.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 01:57:48 AM by Nibbler »

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dingo Games
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2012, 06:49:23 PM »
That's pretty impressive if the music can increase your speed by over 3%... I'm guessing anything up-tempo would work best.

Nibbler

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2012, 08:47:17 AM »
Yes, it does seem to give quite a bit of motivation. I don't know why. Maybe my ears just got tired of listening to the TP2 music that much. It is good music though. (I would have been playing last night, but I just got a new game that you can grow in of course, so...)

mattb777

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2012, 01:18:33 AM »
I am suggesting a video for "Fast Eggs Hard", "Cow Crossing Hard", and "Save the Dinosaurs Hard".
Tasty Planet is so great. How did only a two-person company make such a great game!?

Hii Zhe Xi

• I love Tasty Planet!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2012, 05:47:43 AM »
I will agree with you on 1 video, Fast Eggs Hard. Cow Crossing Hard is just as same as Cow Crossing, you can just check for Cow Crossing, the player(whoever he is) did not touch the cow.
The Grey Goo control my life, but I control the Grey Goo

Hii Zhe Xi

• I love Tasty Planet!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2012, 06:29:40 AM »
But maybe they should made a video for the level "All The Way Down Hard"
The Grey Goo control my life, but I control the Grey Goo