Author Topic: Why Is Every System Attacking Me?!!!  (Read 4362 times)

robotyler

• View Profile
Why Is Every System Attacking Me?!!!
« on: November 04, 2009, 03:03:43 AM »
All the systems are red on the map, and I get attacked instantly... And I can't land on any planet! Please tell me what to do!

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dingo Games
    • Email
Re: Why Is Every System Attacking Me?!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 03:05:29 AM »
There are 5 governments in the game: Mutteran, Roboto, Kermodian, Independent, and Pirate.  The governments have relations with each other so if you blow up one of their allies, they will get angry at you.  This is why the different systems and ships turned red. You probably inadvertently blew up an independent ship (or maybe just hit it with stray fire a few too many times).

All you have to do to make a government like you again, is destroy their enemies.  None of the governments like pirates, so if you go around blowing up some pirate ships then the governments will start to like you again and their planets and ships will turn blue again.

Blowing up ships that are involved in missions does not count toward your government relations.  This means that you can't just blow up pirates from bounty hunting missions.  The easiest way to find some pirates to blow up would be to go to a pirate system.  ( When you have a ship selected look in the target info box to make sure that it is a pirate ).

If you want to know exactly how much the different governments like you, go to the pilot info screen and look in the "Government Relations" box.  Positive numbers mean they like you, negative numbers mean that they don't.  To get to the pilot info screen click on the second button from the left, on the bottom left of the screen.  You can see the button labeled here: http://www.dingogames.com/jack/instructions/flightscreen.htm

I hope that helps. To sum it up: go destroy some pirates.

robotyler

• View Profile
Re: Why Is Every System Attacking Me?!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 02:18:04 AM »
Kewl, thanks! I killed a few pirates ships and everything is OK again! Thanks.