Author Topic: Tasty Planet for iPhone!  (Read 5270 times)

Kren

• View Profile
    • Email
Tasty Planet for iPhone!
« on: February 03, 2011, 03:27:15 PM »
Tasty Planet is out on iPhone! yay! ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D

Tatterhood

• Administrator
  • I have a wooden spoon!
    • View Profile
    • Blog and Portfolio
Re: Tasty Planet for iPhone!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 04:54:26 PM »
yay indeed  ;D
there is a bit more info about in this post

Tatterhood

• Administrator
  • I have a wooden spoon!
    • View Profile
    • Blog and Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 12:57:06 AM »
...and even though I just posted this in the TP1 section, I'll addi it here as I think more people check the TP2 area.

The Tasty Planet App has now been updated with Game Center Leaderboards and Achievements! James spent a lot of time getting Game Center to work with TP, so we hope you enjoy it :D (com'on, ThirdParty, the challenge is out; The App Leaderboards are ripe for the taking. Start eating before Bluepenguin and Kren catch up! ... I'm assuming of course all three of you have iphones/ipod touches and have bought the app...you do all have it, right? ;))

..and as a side note, the Achievement graphics were a lot of fun to create; my favorite was the one for 'Simon the Cat.'

And because a Twitter feed, blog, and forum weren't enough, Dingo Games now has a Facebook page that you can like and follow for updates, links to videos, pictures and more.

Kren

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 02:51:31 PM »
 :'(  sadly, no i do not have an i-pod or i-touch :-[
but if i did, i would love earning the achievements. i think games that have achievements are awesome in general, even if the game itself is not. tasty planet is awesome already though!

Kren

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 02:53:25 PM »
and you know what? i could probably get an i-touch or i-pod emulator or something...
I'll go check that out!

Kren

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 02:56:36 PM »
there is a web based simulator, but i still need 99¢     :(

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dingo Games
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 10:34:31 PM »
There is a web based simulator that can do games? I'm intrigued, please post a link.

Kren

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 03:32:06 PM »
i just googled iphone emulator
http://www.testiphone.com/
you still need itunes or whatever
and the money to buy the apps...

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dingo Games
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 07:42:26 PM »
Oh yeah, I saw that one when I did a search for it. Unfortunately, I don't think you can actually play games in it - it says it is for "web applications" (which basically means "websites")  :(

Not that the game would work particularly well with a mouse emulating your fingers anyways  ;)

Kren

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 12:01:43 PM »
well, even if there is a true emulator out there, i wouldn't use it because i would still need 2 pay 99¢, and if i pay money through an emulator, the person who made it would probably get the money. and even if i didn't have to pay the money (because it is an emulator, it could be modified to be all free) i would not use it because that is pirating.
James, are you going to make a PC/Mac version that has achievements just like the portable version?

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dingo Games
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 04:45:43 PM »
I wasn't planning on doing achievements for the downloadable version. Well, there is sort of achievements already because you unlock cheat codes in TP1 and bonus levels in TP2. Also, in TP2, if you get gold on everything then you get a trophy on the title screen (one for single player and one for two players).

Now if I could get Valve to put TP2 on Steam, then I would probably add proper achievements. Part of the cool thing about achievements is having them integrated into a larger system - allowing you to see all the achievements you have earned across all games, and possibly giving you some kind of "Gamer Score". Unfortunately, at this point Valve is not going to take the game. Maybe if the iPhone game continues to do well, that will help change their mind.

Kren

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 10:09:10 AM »
I have gold on all single player levels, but i don't see any trophy. where exactly on the title screen is it ???
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 10:10:41 AM by Kren »

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dingo Games
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2011, 02:32:14 PM »
You need to have gold on all the bonus levels too. They are part of the title screen image - being eaten by the goo. To the left of the old scientist.

You can see them both in this image (this doesn't have the menu in it obviously:)

A little bit subtle maybe - not as obvious as the Xbox *BLING* - Achievement unlocked!

Kren

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2011, 02:57:17 PM »
i dont think ill ever get all gold on 2 player levels, let alone bonus...