Author Topic: Tasty Planet 3  (Read 162290 times)

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dingo Games
    • Email
Re: Tasty Planet 3
« Reply #210 on: September 07, 2012, 12:02:41 PM »
Sorry, I can't give you permission to do that.

If you're serious about learning to make games, I would recommend starting with something a bit simpler anyways. Start with a game like pong... then try slightly larger stuff like tetris, asteroids, etc. You'll learn a lot in the process.

raxo2222

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 11, 2012, 06:51:57 AM »
@James, do you started making Tasty Planet 3?

Or still making other projects?

Nibbler

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 20, 2012, 07:44:40 PM »
Well, he said he was working on another project, and nothing has been released yet, so I'm guessing he's still working on it.

Jefferson

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 27, 2012, 09:51:33 AM »
How about making many more bonus levels in TP3?For example you have the main story.You start from strings and plank particles,eat quarks,neutrons and then atoms,viruses and bacteriums.After eating the city you go around the world.Now you can't eat everything that exist in a city,but can you make those objects in bonus levels?For exemple one where you eat an office building from interior starting with pencils and pens then papers,computers,people and desks,or an restaurant where you start with grapes,olives,pizzas and then later tables,people,chefs,ovens etc,or levels in ocean where you eat things you don't find in a city(sharks,dolphins,fishes,whales,corals etc),and if it's the Atlantic ocean,maybe eat even the wreck of Titanic,or in the jungle where you eat exotic plants and animals,or even levels on moon where you eat rocks and space modules.One of the things that I liked in TP1 was the orbit levels where you ate satellites,astronauts,space shuttles and the International Space Station,so maybe put them back?And one more thing,you can't eat anything in the Solar System,for exemple in TP2 you didn't put Pluto because it was too small.Again,how about putting Pluto,Ceres,Eris,planets's satellites etc in bonus levels?

Jefferson

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 29, 2012, 12:47:13 PM »
I was wondering why you only put 6 periods of time.I mean there are lots of interesting periods in history,why did you only put 6?For example you could've put,besides those that are in the game,Ancient Greece where you could eat Greek houses and people,ships and the Parthenon,maybe Babylonia where you eat houses,trees,people The Hanging Gardens of Babylon and Tower of Babel.The Middle Ages where you eat knights,kings,peoples,castles,churches(if you put Monsterzilla,why not maybe even dragons? :) ),Ancient China,maybe the American Civil War and World War 2 and 1,or the prehistoric times.Maybe bonus levels where you eat all the Wonders of the Ancient World.Also I want to tell you that you should put more new objects in bonus levels in TP3(When I saw the Casual Bonus I tought there will be many more new objects,not just 3)If you are not doing Time Travel in any future Tasty Planet game,I think you wasted a very interesting subject.(Note:I don't want to be offensive or anything,I like TP2 like anyone else here,I'm just telling you that the Time Travel subject is very interesting and could be used in future TP-s)

Nibbler

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 17, 2012, 07:46:09 PM »
We're actively working on two projects right now: Tasty Planet 2 for iOS, and the new game for Mac/Windows/iOS. I'm trying to do it simultaneously for all the different platforms, but it might end up being a staggered release.

I wasn't expecting your new game to come out on iOS first. You haven't done that before, have you?

Jefferson

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 07, 2012, 01:32:37 PM »
James I found this and I tought it may help you when you will make objects for TP3.Here is the link:
http://www.shutterstock.com/cat.mhtml?searchterm=top%20view#page=1

Jefferson

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 27, 2012, 11:00:03 AM »
One thing I didn't like in TP2 was that the last level in each period of time was composed of different levels already played before with a little bit more added to the end.It was boring to know that you had to play those levels.I think that in TP3 the last level of each zone(if there will be zones)should be new levels never played before.For exemple there was "Save the Dinosaurs" that was composed from "Cretaceous Critters","Dino Time" and "Bigger than Dinos" + the last segment with mountains.I think it will be better if the other levels were unique,like the "Beware of Deinosuchus".It's one of my favorite levels and also none of it appears in  "Save the Dinosaurs".For exemple,if the last level of a zone is a city where you start in a house and eat the city,I think the other levels should be for exemple in a pizzeria,office building,in a park etc.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dingo Games
    • Email
« Reply #218 on: January 22, 2013, 06:35:56 PM »
I might change the structure and order in which the levels are played. However, I like having massive levels that go all the way from tiny to huge.

Nibbler

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 24, 2013, 01:19:16 AM »
Oh, I do too. They are my favourite levels. The other levels work as practice for the parts of the large one. Of course, I wouldn't care if you got rid of the small part levels, as long as there are fun levels in their place. I don't care how long it takes, but I know a shorter development time means you can gain revenue sooner, and people need money to live. Although, I'm hoping that is why Clumsy Cat was released, since it is smaller than your other games. Of course, it is free, and I don't know how many people are going to buy the other characters. Which are apparently cheap anyways. Where is Dingo Games getting their money from anyways?

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dingo Games
    • Email
« Reply #220 on: February 01, 2013, 12:16:17 AM »
We have revenue from all our past games - various distributors, direct sales, and iOS. Lots of little sources that add up. Obviously revenue is much higher when we release a new game.  :)

Nibbler

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 14, 2013, 03:25:36 AM »
Ok, I was just thinking that it had been a while since your last game and 99% of the people who will buy it already have. Not rushing you, was just concerned.

Jefferson

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 31, 2013, 05:07:27 AM »
Hey James, do you have any news about TP3?

m001maki

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 02, 2013, 01:16:15 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obIYv-Ro8No One cool video to remind us about the scale of Universe..

Also,James,I would like to know did you started making TP3 or not and will it be finished soon?
I'm waiting for your reply...

leletr

• tasty planet is my world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 27, 2013, 10:21:28 AM »
I'm so excited for TP3! when is done?I'm so excited for TP3! when you're done?i not have good english ,sorry :(
tasty planet is my world!