Author Topic: Tasty Planet 3  (Read 166677 times)

Nibbler

• View Profile
Re: Tasty Planet 3
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2011, 07:04:02 PM »
That's where I got the idea from. I'm in the top 10 in the world, I'm good at it. (Well, you reallly can't say you're good at the game.) People don't like it because it doesn't have objectives. (sigh)

(The sad thing is, from the current bonus, I can get 2 billion a day if I'm extremely lucky. Girl is only 1000 times that size...If I was lucky I could almost get the entire length by myself in the same amount of time it took 100000. Well, also if the PS3 didn't freeze after being on for several days. Why does it do that? Still, once they make the ps4 I'm going to Keita's house and getting him to allow me to play noby noby boy and have it contribute, even if I'm the only person contributing lol.)

They put the bonuses in because they realized it would be hundreds of years before the second goal was reached. We could possibly reach our 5th goal in a week if you put it in Tasty Planet 3. Also, you could make it any way you like. 10x would get hard, (10, 100, 1000, 10000, 100000, a million) 2x would just get hard after a longer time. Since I'm guessing it should take a half hour for a universe (gold anyways...), maybe have a reward every thousand eaten. That's 500 hours of work (or 250 if you're ThirdParty, maybe less...), so it would only take 100 people working for 5 hours to finish it. (well, the goals shouldn't be too easy, maybe every 10 thousand would make the workload less for you.)

« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 12:21:59 AM by Nibbler »

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dingo Games
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2011, 06:15:59 PM »
Clearly I need to try that game... It came out before I had a PS3, otherwise I would have picked it up right away.

Nibbler

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2011, 06:56:34 PM »
The one thing they needed for this game to make it better would be a controller with more buttons. Once you've played a while, the controls are easy, but having to have each button do 3 things makes it hard for people first playing the game. It has an unbelieveble camera system, it's extremely manueverable. Although I can move it quite well, it's pretty hard to move at the start. It took me 2 months to fully understand it. It's only 5 dollars.

Also, how's my idea for Tasty planet? It would get rid of impossible goals.

(realizes something about Noby) Wait! Slight correction, I can make 1.5 million a day. If I kept getting the current bonus I could have gotten more that the total length by now! Quite a bit more!

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dingo Games
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2011, 02:44:35 AM »
I like the idea of putting in more social/community features like this. Somehow tying together the different versions of the game (Windows/Mac/iPhone/iPad/Flash?) with a feature like this would be cool. Of course, the question of what is the best way to spend my time always comes up.

The new project that I'm working on now will actually have some neat social features - we'll see how that goes.

Nibbler

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2011, 04:40:50 AM »
Can't wait to see what kind of goome...er game it is. If it's just multiplayer or friend system...well, I don't think I'd be able to get anyone to buy it, so that wouldn't really help. Unless it was over the internet connection. I could play it with others on the forums. Is this the PC game you were talking about making, or is it not for thr PC?

(I actually got someone to buy the lite version of tasty planet for his Isomething.  Unfortunately, the person had an accident and all of his data got erased, and he doesn't want to rebuy it.)

(Also, you never replied to my PM James.)

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dingo Games
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2011, 12:59:51 AM »
We're actively working on two projects right now: Tasty Planet 2 for iOS, and the new game for Mac/Windows/iOS. I'm trying to do it simultaneously for all the different platforms, but it might end up being a staggered release.

Nibbler

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2011, 01:02:31 AM »
Any idea when it comes out for Windows? This year?

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dingo Games
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2011, 01:10:13 AM »
I really don't know.  :)

m001maki

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2011, 06:20:16 AM »
When will TP3 be finished?
An idea: Starts 10 attometers eating quarks.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dingo Games
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2011, 02:18:25 PM »
I don't know, we haven't even started working on it yet. :(

m001maki

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2011, 02:50:30 PM »
Ok,but when will you start working on it?
And, do you know some games similar to Tasty Planet? :)

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dingo Games
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2011, 08:46:40 PM »
Not sure when we'll start working on it. It sort of depends on how Tasty Planet: Back for Seconds does on iPhone/iPad.

There are some other games out there that are somewhat similar to Tasty Planet:
-Feeding Frenzy (you only eat fish/aquatic creatures in this)
-Katamari Damacy
-Wonderful End of the World
-Osmos (More strategic than Tasty Planet - you eat weird blobs and use your own mass to move around)
-Shark Shark! (This one is really old, but it's the original game in this genre, as far as I know)

m001maki

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 25, 2011, 04:29:52 AM »
Not sure when we'll start working on it. It sort of depends on how Tasty Planet: Back for Seconds does on iPhone/iPad.

There are some other games out there that are somewhat similar to Tasty Planet:
-Feeding Frenzy (you only eat fish/aquatic creatures in this)
-Katamari Damacy
-Wonderful End of the World
-Osmos (More strategic than Tasty Planet - you eat weird blobs and use your own mass to move around)
-Shark Shark! (This one is really old, but it's the original game in this genre, as far as I know)
Too bad Katamari Damacy is not on PC.Are there more?

m001maki

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 25, 2011, 04:55:55 AM »
And here are sites that will help you to make TP3:
http://www.nikon.com/about/feelnikon/universcale/index_f.htm
(Not too many things but it's helpful)
http://primaxstudio.com/stuff/scale_of_universe/
(Very cool site)

Hii Zhe Xi

• I love Tasty Planet!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2011, 03:18:52 AM »
Another idea of another new Tasty Planet.
The grey goo in TP2 had eaten the the last Turtle of Time, and found itself on the timeline which seperates time from past and future. After the grey goo ate the timline, the time is no longer seperated as past and future and after eating the timeline, the grey goo suddenly explode as the one in TP1. Creating the universe but NOT the timeline. As the history repeats, the Earth is filled fill with dinosaurs and thing and human from the past at the same time.

Professer:(after explaining everything) and that's why the Earth is in a mess now. We MUST find a way to rebuild the timeline, or else, as the history repeats at the same place and time, it will cause the whole Earth to be deserted. if you don't know what I meant, let me give you an example. Everyone knows that the asteroid had cause the dinosaurs to be extint, if you don't rebuild the timeline qiuckly, the asteroid might be here any time! We must search a way to rebuild the timeline, and FAST!

Helper: But our knowledge about the timeline is almost NOTHING!

Professer: You are quite wrong about it, I know EVERYTHING about the timeline, including the particles that made it and when it was made and everything else.

Helper: OK, but how are we going to fix the timeline?

Professer: the only way to fix the timeline is to make another grey goo. It has the particles that can only be used to fix the timeline.

Helper: But this is a very dangerous experiment! and how on the world are you going to make it explode at the right time to make the timeline?

Professer: What we need is a microchip to control the goo, and I've already prepair everything for this dangerous experiment and I've tested the microchip, now just insert the microchip and that's done! Now start the experiment! Give it some other goos to eat.

You will grow from just 1 plank length to a big size, 5 centimeters in about the 3rd hour of the experiment.

Professer: Now let it go to the wild for something else to eat.

You are release into the wild, where is eat even more things and grow into about, 10 meters, where it fly out of the Earth and into the orbit.

Professer: Now start operate the machine, it can protect us from being eaten. If it really wants to eat us, I can control it from eating us.

You cannot eat the Earth, so just munch on planets, stars, black holes, nebulaes and everyrthing else until you at last reach the turtle of time again.(The Earth will be eaten by the time you eat the milky way.

After you eat the tutle of time, You will find yourself, like, in a maze of universe.after the muching on maze, you find yourself in some place, where is full of water and bacteriums. after you eat those bacteriums, you will find that this universe you are in is a much more bigger universe than the first.

Later you wll repeat the way agin, bacteriums, water, ants, rats, cats, dogs...... but there are much much more bigger than the first universe. After the turtle of time. Then you will find yourself in a black place, after eating them, you will find that there are the other pieces of the universe. you must munch on them until you will find a tower, but it is made up of universe. After eating the whole tower, you will find a remote control, eat it, then you will end the level, the remote conrol is the control of the universe, made by someone a long time ago.

Then the grey goo will start to giving out blinding light, and it disappeared, leaving a piece of note. It says,"I will return in TP4", and it start to burn and it also went.
The Grey Goo control my life, but I control the Grey Goo