Author Topic: Removing Old Pilots  (Read 4962 times)

dslater

• View Profile
Removing Old Pilots
« on: March 14, 2011, 08:59:26 PM »
I'd like to remove some of my false starts from the pilot list but don't seem to be able to find where they're stored. JoAT/Contents/Resources/data/settings/pilots has an extensive list of pilots, none of which appear in my pilots' list. Unless my pilots are amongst the numbered rather than named pilots, they don't appear here nor can I find them elsewhere. Help??

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dingo Games
    • Email
Re: Removing Old Pilots
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 11:00:54 PM »
You're on a Mac, I believe?

Your pilots are located in Mac HD/Users/(Username)/Library/Preferences/jackofalltrades/pilots

I would recommend backing up the folder before making any changes to it. Make sure that the "lastpilot" that you use isn't one that you delete (the game would then be trying to use a pilot that doesn't exist)

dslater

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 03:57:01 AM »
You're on a Mac, I believe?
Yep. Odd that I didn't think of the Preferences folder. Thanks.  :)

Make sure that the "lastpilot" that you use isn't one that you delete.
Noted. It's a simple text file with the name of the last pilot in it. Am I correct that if that's the pilot I want to delete that I also need to change that name to match some other pilot (without the plt extension)?

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dingo Games
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 03:24:51 PM »
Am I correct that if that's the pilot I want to delete that I also need to change that name to match some other pilot (without the plt extension)?

That would probably work - but I haven't tested it. I would recommend instead running the game, and playing as a pilot that you want to keep. Then the game would set lastpilot to that pilot.

Sorry it's a bit tricky - these files weren't designed to be edited by hand (my more recent games are much easier to edit).

dslater

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 04:55:05 PM »
That would probably work - but I haven't tested it.
I did, and it doesn't work. Had to move a "lastpilot" and corresponding pilot file from JoAT/Contents/Resources/data/settings/pilots to get back in (game kept crashing). Running the game, and playing as a pilot we want to keep is the only way to go.  :)