Author Topic: Favorite Levels and Least Favorite Levels  (Read 40635 times)

Nibbler

• View Profile
Re: Favorite Levels and Least Favorite Levels
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 10:25:12 AM »
I don't think I even know how to beat Fast Eggs...

Hii Zhe Xi

• I love Tasty Planet!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 02:14:01 AM »
Not very easy level, and it's even more difficult in Harder Version.
The Grey Goo control my life, but I control the Grey Goo

ThirdParty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2012, 11:21:22 PM »
Favorite: "Bone Maze".

I like maze-type levels, where I can really focus on running along the inside of the curves and trying to shave milliseconds off my time.  Yet it's much more varied than other favorites like "Teatime", "Block Shield", and "Hovershield", with a real feeling of growth and transition which culminates in by far the most fun and surprising zoom-out in the game, from the maze to the boneyard.  There's no randomness to add annoying noise to my score, and it was fun that it turned out to be possible to break the two-minute milestone.

Least Favorite: "Laser Shuttles".

Manages to combine almost all of the most annoying mechanics in the game: tons of randomness, small objects that are hard to grab, things that shoot you and become inedible right before you would have eaten them, things that explode right before you would have eaten them, etc. (though at least it doesn't randomly kill you right at the end of a long level the way "All The Way Down Hard" sometimes does).  Sometimes you end up just sweeping up and down the left side, waiting for things to spawn and eating them before you even get to see what they were; the only worse-balanced level is "Tasty Tanks", which at least has eye candy.  Fairly monotonous level, right up there with ones like "Horsies" and "Ninja Attack".

Quote from: mattb777
Favorite: Save The Dinosaurs
Fair choice.  The part where you're trying to eat, or get big enough to eat, the Bambiraptors is a bit slow and random for my taste, but other than it's a good level.  Some of the carnivores are exciting to dodge around and/or run away from.  The lava sequence is reminiscent of my favorite levels from TP1 (e.g. the microorganisms in water, or the black hole).  It's the only epic-combo level with purely continuous transitions, and it ends with probably the best comic book page.

Least Favorite: Treeforts
Fair choice.  It's boring when there's only one real way to solve a level.  The zoom-ins while standing still, which make it hard to keep track of the tank, are also annoying.  And trying to optimize by controlling the movements of something slow that's coming at you, rather than by controlling your own fast movements, is also boring.

Quote from: Nibbler
Favourite (Yes I'm Canadian.) Cherry Blossoms Only level I've had (for a short time) a record on.
I feel guilty for depriving everyone else of the chance for high scores.  I'd never really expected to be able to hold them all indefinitely; I figured I was just an early comer setting harder-than-gold benchmarks for everything, which other people would eventually surpass.

Anyway, fair choice.  My only major complaint is that it's got too many objects; it's the only level on which the game sometimes performs jerkily on my computer, which is extremely annoying when trying for a high score.  I also don't really like having to memorize the size necessary for eating the tree (though at least it's not as bad about this as "Ballista Protection"); it could use more cues about progress.

Least Favourite Machinelaser
Aw, I like Machinelaser.  It's unique.

Quote from: Hii Zhe Xi
Favourite:From Ants To Tanks
Ugh.  Not a level I care for.  First you're eating dew drops on a leaf, which would be cool except they're annoyingly small; and anyway, this segment is presented in a more fun way in "Gooturistic".  Next comes a sequence reminiscent of "Cretaceous Critters", except with an annoying "lasers" mechanic, and futuristic objects scattered about that force you to except the game's silly plot rather than leaving things up to your own imagination.  Next is a sequence reminiscent of "Tasty Tanks"; it's better balanced, but still has other elements that I dislike from "Tasty Tanks", like trying to judge whether I'm big enough to fit between two round objects and instead getting stuck.  Lastly is a fun cityscape, which might make my top ten list if it were on its own but which instead just serves to make an already over-long level longer.

Least Favourite(or hate the most!): Cow Crossing(I can't get any better then the time for gold. I only past that time by 5 seconds.)
Fair choice.  It is a bit too hard (especially in the hard version).  But it's redeemed somewhat by being unique.

Quote from: James
Favorite: All the Way Down
Ugh.  Much too long.  Awkward transitions.  And tainted by my hatred of the hard version.

Quote from: James
Least Favorite: Amazing Tables (Those tables are not all that amazing...)
Aw, I like "Amazing Tables".  Lots more strategy than, say, "Mosaic Muncher" or "Candy"; plus the tables at least come in multiple sizes and the level does some zooming.  Reminiscent of "Teatime" in that it's best to just barely nick objects rather than grabbing them head-on; I enjoy this.  Admittedly, tables aren't the most interesting objects in the world, but still.

If I included Bonus, my least favorite levels would be all those "hard" versions.
I like some of the hard versions.  "Fast Eggs", "Tasty T-Rex", "Big Kitties", "Monsterzillas", and "Machine Laser" are all improved in their hard versions, since they're more exciting that way and since the warning signs add strategy by helping the player keep track of what's going on.

But I admit that they're a bit redundant; the easy versions of those levels could be removed from the game, along with the hard versions of most of the other levels which have hard versions, with no particular loss.  It'd make the hard levels that were retained seem more special.

But maybe All The Way Down Hard maybe the same dificulty as Machinelaser Hard.
Yeah, "All The Way Down Hard" is too hard.  Getting randomly killed during a zoom-out after spending twenty minutes on a level sucks.

I don't think I even know how to beat Fast Eggs...
Yeah, the opening part's a bit too hard, and needs to give some sort of indicator of whether you've lost for those times when you're not sure.

Hii Zhe Xi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2012, 04:35:20 AM »
But now, every level done. I need to move on to two players mode now.

mattb777

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2012, 04:30:51 PM »
Don't get me started on how annoying "Fast Eggs" and "Fast Eggs Hard" are...
Tasty Planet is so great. How did only a two-person company make such a great game!?

Hii Zhe Xi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 03:22:33 AM »
Fast Egg is okay, but Fast Egg Hard is something totally different.

mattb777

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 09:00:51 PM »
Fast Eggs is NOT Ok. I hate it with all my heart.
Tasty Planet is so great. How did only a two-person company make such a great game!?

Hii Zhe Xi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2012, 05:39:53 AM »
But Fast Eggs is FAR easy than Hard Version.

Hii Zhe Xi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2012, 05:40:19 AM »
I like Form Ants To Tanks at the place when you can start to eat Hovercars until the level ends.

mattb777

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2012, 10:58:27 PM »
I like "From Ants to Tanks". I like all of the parts except for the part with the laser rats, the tiny leaves and solar panels, and the huge vacuum cleaner.

Hii Zhe Xi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2012, 04:00:11 AM »
I like it.(only when you can eat the laser rats.)

Hii Zhe Xi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2012, 01:36:44 AM »
Why you hate that part? I hate the part when the Laser Tanks first come in.

mattb777

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2012, 08:10:22 PM »
I hate that part because it's boring. You have to eat all the darn rats.

Hii Zhe Xi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2012, 03:57:10 AM »
Nah, I don't care the rats, if I met them, I'll eat them. if not, I just don't care.

mattb777

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2012, 10:44:23 PM »
Hoepfully you wouldn't do that in real life...