Author Topic: Favorite Levels and Least Favorite Levels  (Read 41296 times)

Hii Zhe Xi

• I love Tasty Planet!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Favorite Levels and Least Favorite Levels
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2012, 07:43:13 AM »
Of COURSE I won't eat them in real life. That's silly.
The Grey Goo control my life, but I control the Grey Goo

mattb777

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2012, 10:18:02 PM »
So is Tasty Planet. (Intentionally)
Tasty Planet is so great. How did only a two-person company make such a great game!?

Nibbler

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2012, 06:06:48 AM »
Least Favorite: "Laser Shuttles".

Manages to combine almost all of the most annoying mechanics in the game: tons of randomness, small objects that are hard to grab, things that shoot you and become inedible right before you would have eaten them, things that explode right before you would have eaten them, etc. (though at least it doesn't randomly kill you right at the end of a long level the way "All The Way Down Hard" sometimes does).  Sometimes you end up just sweeping up and down the left side, waiting for things to spawn and eating them before you even get to see what they were; the only worse-balanced level is "Tasty Tanks", which at least has eye candy.  Fairly monotonous level, right up there with ones like "Horsies" and "Ninja Attack".

You don't like laser shuttles? They are a reminder of the first game, are much easier than the ones from the first game, small objects give it more challenge but not too much, the randomness allows it to be possible to always improve the highscore, and early in the level crashing the shuttles into big rocks always feels nice. You also have to race the shuttles before they can crash into something which requires strategy.  Adapting to a situation as it happens is more challenging than doing the same thing over and over again. I'm bad at the level, but I like it.

Also, the other reason I like cherry blossoms is because it has lots of objects. I love watching all of the objects dissapear and seeing the ridiculous total objects at the end.

ThirdParty

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2012, 08:10:51 PM »
You don't like laser shuttles? They are a reminder of the first game, are much easier than the ones from the first game, small objects give it more challenge but not too much, the randomness allows it to be possible to always improve the highscore, and early in the level crashing the shuttles into big rocks always feels nice. You also have to race the shuttles before they can crash into something which requires strategy.  Adapting to a situation as it happens is more challenging than doing the same thing over and over again.
What fun is a challenge if you don't know afterward whether you succeeded or failed?

No, you're right, adapting to the unexpected can be fun.  That's what makes "Tasty T-Rex Hard" so entertaining.  Or it can be fun to play "Gooturistic" with no effort at all to get a good time, just playing it for the hide-and-seek value.  The moment in "Chiisai", when the giant samurai who was almost as fast as I was appeared, was one of the high points of my first play-through.  And randomness doesn't hurt "Cow Crossing" any.

I guess my real problem with "Laser Shuttles" and "Tasty Tanks" is that I don't like the balance.  It feels like it doesn't matter how good my strategy is, because sometimes there's nothing to eat in the whole level, and all I'm doing is sitting around waiting for something edible to spawn.

Hii Zhe Xi

• I love Tasty Planet!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2012, 02:24:04 AM »
That's another reason for me also hating laser shuttles, sometimes the shutllecrafts just appeared when you don't expect them to be.
The Grey Goo control my life, but I control the Grey Goo

Nibbler

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2012, 01:54:45 PM »
Well, this shows the difference between liking it and you being good at it. You said that Laser Shuttles was one of your best levels, but you hate it. It's interesting.

Jefferson

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2012, 04:03:10 AM »
Favorite level:Save the dinosaurs
I like it because it's the first level in Tasty Planet history where you eat geograpichal features like forests and mountains.I hope we'll see more levels like this in TP3
Least favorite level:Well,it's hard to choose because I like all the levels,but I think it's Cats vs Rats because it's a little boring and before I can eat the rats,I almost always run out of food because the rats are fast and touch me.Also,I always need to wait for something edible to come on screen.

ThirdParty

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2012, 09:38:58 PM »
Favorite level:Save the dinosaurs
I like it because it's the first level in Tasty Planet history where you eat geograpichal features like forests and mountains.I hope we'll see more levels like this in TP3
Yeah, I second that hope.

greygoo64

• FUPA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2013, 04:39:41 PM »
Favorite Levels: Let there be Goo, Bone maze, All the way Down

Least Favorites: Ballista Protection, Cow Crossing

Favorite Eras: Lab, Future, Rome, China
FUPA!

Nibbler

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2013, 12:22:00 PM »
Although, nothing in this entire game can compare to endurance space from the first. I almost broke many furniture items.