Author Topic: My TP3 Burning Desires  (Read 46040 times)

mattb777

• View Profile
    • Email
My TP3 Burning Desires
« on: February 03, 2012, 01:07:02 AM »
-Survival Mode
-Few to No "Hard" Levels
-Competitive and Co-operative Multiplayer
-My "City Chaos" Level Idea from the "Tasty Planet 3 (three) Plot/Level Names: Area 1" Topic, Page 7
-SplitScreen Multiplayer
-Achievements

Survival Mode: This mode is single or double player. Each level starts out with eight goos (including human-controlled goos). You try to be the last goo standing. This would count as competitive multiplayer. Each goo earns a certain amount of points based on it's performances, like in Mario Kart.

Few to No Hard Levels: I disliked the "Hard" levels, because they either were extremely frustrating or the same as the original.

Competitive Multiplayer: Be the first goo to finish! This would be human-controlled goos only.

Split Screen: Straightforward. I think the goos can follow a path of their own, but the other goo could appear in a player's screen if they get close enough together.

Achivements: Some built-in achievements would be nice.

I had to quit playing Tasty Planet iOS because I wanted these so bad!
Tasty Planet is so great. How did only a two-person company make such a great game!?

Nibbler

• View Profile
Re: My TP3 Burning Desires
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 01:09:49 AM »
I don't think ios has hard levels...
Also, against AI could help you practice for real people

mattb777

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 02:33:09 AM »
This would be for PC, so iOS doesn't matter. I don't even have TP: BFS on iOS.
Tasty Planet is so great. How did only a two-person company make such a great game!?

Hii Zhe Xi

• I love Tasty Planet!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 03:45:23 AM »
I think about the survival level. You should put different goos that have different abilities. Like some of the goos have the ability to shoot you, some can divide into many goos. I strongly agree that james should not make so much hard versions levels, or better still, no harder version at all. I've been thinking about the Co-op version, can James put somthing like this:When one of the goo is bigger than the smaller one, it can eat it. But the small one will not die, instead, it eat everything inside the Grey Goo eats. When it grow as same as the other goo,it can get out of the other goo's stomach and swllow it the monet it get out. I will LOVE some good achievements. City Chao will be a VREY good idea.
The Grey Goo control my life, but I control the Grey Goo

Nibbler

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 04:57:06 AM »
Swallowing your friend... Have you played Noby Noby Boy? You can do that in that game.

Hii Zhe Xi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 05:33:50 AM »
Nope. But I'm pretty sure of eating your other goo back when you're actually inside the other goo is not in the game!

Nibbler

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 05:36:28 AM »
Can you clarify what you just said?

mattb777

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 07:17:49 PM »
I'm not sure about different abilities, but there would be different-looking goos, and you can select your goo.

Nibbler

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 03:56:37 PM »
So there would be a "goo"se your character screen?

mattb777

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 04:41:07 PM »
Maybe.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dingo Games
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 12:15:37 AM »
I would like to do a competitive mode where you could eat the other player, but I'm not sure how to make it interesting. If you've ever played Katamari competitive multiplayer... it doesn't really work.

Good multiplayer games often have a handicap for the player who is winning. For example in Mario Kart, the player who is winning goes slower and gets worse powerups than the player who is losing. But the opposite would be true in Tasty Planet... whoever is bigger can eat bigger things and will continue to dominate - devouring everything before the other player can get to it. Add in the fact that you can actually EAT the smaller player... well the few seconds of the level will be the only ones that matter.

So something is needed to make it more interesting... maybe having eight goos like you said, or eating the other goo from the inside... I'm not sure!

Hii Zhe Xi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2012, 04:48:58 AM »
I wish more than eight. Maybe I will even like 1,000,000,000,000 of them!(of course, this is madness, but I really like Grey Goo levels) You couldn't put the Grey Goo all in one place, but you will mee the other goos as you zoom out.

About what I'm tryng to say, Nibbler, is that you can eat the other player(or goo)back while you're inside the other goo.

Nibbler

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2012, 04:13:22 PM »
That would make people want to be eaten, wouldn't it? Also, 8 is a good number. Not a trillion.

Hii Zhe Xi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2012, 06:32:23 AM »
Can put 10?

Nibbler

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2012, 12:38:55 AM »
It would probably have to be Hamachi or something. James' computers would melt.

Also, you know 9 other people with tasty planet? I know 2.