Author Topic: Hovershield  (Read 33881 times)

mattb777

• View Profile
    • Email
Hovershield
« on: February 18, 2012, 01:02:37 AM »
Hovershield is IMPOSSIBLE. I have tried the arrow keys and the mouse. I have watched the video dozens of times. I have tried to beat it almost 100 times and I can't do it. It's too hard! The stupid excuse for a shield always turns sideways, and I have to be super lucky to even get to anything. I have only gotten to the second group of solar panels once, and have never gotten further. Someone HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can beat and gold Machinelaser Hard in about 10 or so tries, why is this one harder!?!?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 04:10:43 PM by mattb777 »
Tasty Planet is so great. How did only a two-person company make such a great game!?

ThirdParty

• View Profile
Re: Hovershield
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 06:06:25 PM »
Have you tried taking the level slowly?  As long as you're not pushing the shield too fast, you should have time to correct it before it turns fully horizontal.

Alternatively: when moving at high speed, it doesn't really matter whether the shield rotates.  Even horizontal or pinwheeling, it can stop most of the lasers that threaten you, and at high speed it's very unlikely that this will happen before you pass whatever segment you're on.  The important thing at high speed is just to keep it from slamming into the row of cars (since it's impossible to be fully behind it when it's horizontal and against a car).

Hii Zhe Xi

• I love Tasty Planet!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 09:15:06 AM »
There are 2 ways of passing the level. But of course, you must not stuck the Hoverboard in the gap of the hovercars(Like what ThirdParty did when he recorded himself paying it. He tried about 4 to 5 times before he can succesfully finish the level.) The first way is like what ThirdParty did in the video. The second way, you can lean the Hoverboard against the Hovercar but make sure it doen't stuck in the gap.So that when it moves upwards or downwards, you can avoid being shot. But there is a tricky problem, when you reach about the third pair of Solar Panels, your size will get shot by the lasers according to the second way. So, unless you're very lucky, you will get shot by the lasers. To my opinion, you can use the second method at the first 2 part, but the first method on the last few ones. The last part,(you should know)there is no bottom row of Hovercar, so you must use the first method. You must eat your way to the left, and left the Hoverboard there, and turn your way back and eat to the right(but must avoid on the top and bottom as there is where the lasers are from). The lasers, by the time you go from left to right(sometimes it's still shooting, without any reason, so better watch out.) Will not shott at you, only at top and bottom. When you reach from left to end of the right, you should had finish the level.(hopefully you got a gold on first try, after dying so much time and finally suceess the level once.)
The Grey Goo control my life, but I control the Grey Goo

mattb777

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 11:08:42 AM »
I'll try again...
Tasty Planet is so great. How did only a two-person company make such a great game!?

Hii Zhe Xi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 04:35:50 AM »
Still no sucess? Even with the advise?

mattb777

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 04:26:36 PM »
No... I've probably tried over 150 times total...

Hii Zhe Xi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 03:18:54 AM »
Keep trying again until you sucess.

Hii Zhe Xi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 05:12:33 AM »
But I counldn't blame you for not even finishing the level Hovershield. I took me 20 times before I finish the level and get gold for it.

mattb777

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 08:13:30 PM »
I gave up trying long ago. I don't think it's possible, at least for me. I am getting sick of trying until my computer gives up on me. I'm going to roast my hard drive if I keep trying.

Hii Zhe Xi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 03:50:22 AM »
Then try for just a few times a day. Then go for the levels that you like, then come back again. If ou think the computer is too hot. Shut the computer down for a couple of hours and turn on again.

mattb777

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 10:42:54 PM »
I don't want to try anymore. There's no way anyone can coax me to try that ridiculously hard level.

ThirdParty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 02:18:49 AM »
Aw, don't give up.  Here, I've posted a new video showing the way to beat "Hovershield" that doesn't require a zillion tries.

1.  Don't rush!  Playing the level at full speed takes only 30 seconds, but all you need for a gold is 80 seconds.

2.  If you're at all uncertain about what the shield is doing (maybe you've lost control slightly, or are about to bounce off a car, or something), stop touching it, stay behind it, wait for it to glide to a stop, and then reassess the situation.

3.  Push as near to the center of the shield as possible.  If it starts to rotate, correct.  (Pushing near the top of the shield rotates it clockwise, pushing near the bottom rotates it counterclockwise.)

4.  If you're sure you're lined up straight, give the shield a good shove and just let it glide without touching it further.

5.  If you make a mistake and become unshielded, quickly do something about it.  Standing still while unshielded is deadly.

6.  To get around a corner you can either just make a quick move through unshielded space, or else deliberately rotate the shield to point slightly downward.

7.  If you lose control of the shield during the final segment, just abandon it and head rightward; the lasers are fairly easy to dodge as long as you're moving the same direction they are.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dingo Games
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 04:50:02 PM »
Thanks ThirdParty, good video! That's pretty much how I try to play it.

Hii Zhe Xi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2012, 03:39:29 AM »
Oh, and, can someone help me on the level Hovershield on 2 player mode?

Nibbler

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 09:48:23 AM »
I unlocked hovershield and I see what you mean. I was able to complete it, but it took several tries. I golded it too. You are better than me at this game. I'm only good at a few levels. Follow ThirdParty's guide and you'll get it. He's the best at everything. (You should try competitive gaming ThirdParty. You'll be rich.) I'm not forcing you. I'm just saying that if I can get it in 62 seconds, you can probably go under a minute.