Author Topic: Memorable moments  (Read 3906 times)

Nibbler

• View Profile
Memorable moments
« on: June 23, 2011, 12:44:26 AM »
During the course of the Tasty Planet series, we have had many memories. Losing just before we finish a REALLY long and difficult level, finally beating or golding or even high scoring a level, or just finding a level that you love, etc.

Post your good and bad memories here for the world to see.

(When Tasty Planet 3 comes out, move topic to that section. Same with 4, 5, 6, etc. If you have kids James, teach them how to make games so that the series can continue.)

ThirdParty

• View Profile
Re: Memorable moments
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 12:22:21 AM »
-  The last zoom-out of "Bone Maze" during my first play-through of it.  Totally not what I was expecting.  This was the moment that convinced me to buy TP2 instead of just playing through the demo.

-  Various global achievements, such as "Got all gold medals in TP1", "Got all gold medals in TP2", "Captured all high scores in TP2", and "Beat all gold times in TP2 by more than the difference between gold and silver".

-  Trying to recapture the "All The Way Down (Hard)" high score from bluepenguin.  Everything that could go wrong did go wrong.  My first run felt reasonably fast and didn't seem to have much room for improvement ... but was almost four minutes too slow.  A later run turned out to be too slow by less than a second (on a sixteen-minute level!).  Then I had two almost-successful runs in which I died near the very end, of things that weren't entirely my fault (the first involved a deadly galaxy cluster which managed to overlap well enough with a delicious one that the arrow, brackets, etc., all fooled me into thinking that it was edible; the other involved a deadly off-screen galaxy cluster suddenly jumping to my position during a zoom-out).

Kren

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 01:41:37 PM »
the exact same thing happened to me with bone maze. the whole level, i was like, "okay, so it's probably just random." "okay, this is too well organized a human made this? no, that doesn't make sense." "what is this?" then the zoom out. i felt so dumb lol.

Nibbler

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 02:54:41 PM »
Endurance 3 on Tasty Planet 1. (Still don't know how I got a trial that long. Hmmm...maybe that's the reason that my old computer broke...)

PURE EVIL!!!

I think it took me...12 HOURS TO BEAT THAT LEVEL!!!!

(Sorry if I seem angry. It's because I am angry at that level. Very angry.)

Once I was almost at the end and was sweeping everything but then this supercluster came that was twice the size of every other supercluster AND DESTROYED ME!!! AHHH!!!

So many no escape situations. So many. Having to go through moving passages that were so narrow they'd be in an action movie. Meanwhile getting chased by 4 amoebas.

I'm sure I'd be better now, but that level is still evil.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dingo Games
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 02:50:51 PM »
Ha ha, sorry, I think that all the endurance levels in TP1 are pretty evil. They are sort of a throw back to the old Intellivision game "Shark Shark"... that game was frustrating in the same way.

Nibbler

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 07:19:19 PM »
In the first game, I love the AI.

Policemen shoot civilians. Police cars run over civilians. Mounties EAT civilians. With any part of their body. Tanks don't care what they run over. At all. Cars will RUN INTO TRAINS AND BLOW UP just to avoid you. That's a small sampling of things. Tasty planet 2 doesn't change it but the first game is funnier in this aspect. I saw a police car run over a group of 20 people.

WHAT KIND OF SOCIETY IS THIS!?!

(What would being eaten by nanobts feel like anyways?)