Author Topic: tennis sidequest is the hardest!  (Read 16645 times)

iragrossman

• View Profile
    • Email
tennis sidequest is the hardest!
« on: December 15, 2009, 08:10:59 PM »
I love playing the Three Musketeers so much that I am playing it for the third time and succeeded in completing the main story line twice.  Perhaps the hardest of all sidequests to solve is the tennis sidequest in which D'Artagnan plays tennis with 10 different players.  I was able to win only one tennis game.  Could you possibly offer a suggestion or a hint on how to best defeat the other 9 tennis players?  It seems to be harder than fencing. 

Sincerely,

Ira Grossman

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dingo Games
    • Email
Re: tennis sidequest is the hardest!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 08:24:27 PM »
Yeah, it's a little bit tricky. I posted a video showing me beating the hardest (fastest) guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLmtnCXIhtw

The game works basically like Pong.

Aiming:
If you want the ball to go straight move d'Artagnan so the ball hits him in the middle. To hit the ball to the left move him so the ball hits him on the left side. To hit the ball to the right move him so the ball hits him on the right side.

The first thing you need to do to beat the faster opponents is to get the ball going fast. When the ball is traveling slowly your opponent will never miss it. The longer the match goes for, the faster the ball goes. So the first thing to do is just try to keep the ball going down the center of the court - that way your opponent will usually hit the ball straight back to you. After you've hit the ball back and forth a few times, the ball should be going pretty fast. Now you'll want to try to hit it into one of the corners so that your opponent will miss it. I find that going closer to the net and hitting the ball at a sharp angle works best. You don't want to bounce the ball off the wall because this will give your opponent a better chance of returning it. Try to hit it straight into the corner.

The first point that I get in the YouTube video shows this tactic pretty well.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 08:28:39 PM by James »