Author Topic: Picnic Table 6  (Read 9239 times)

mrspockfan

• View Profile
Picnic Table 6
« on: December 20, 2009, 12:26:03 PM »
Is there anything special about this level?  I can't seem to finish in time to make gold. I have finished in 33 but need 38 for the gold medal.  I've cleared all objects, left some objects to attract the mice, concentrated on eating the mice, etc, but there are never enough mice to finish in time.  

I've found a fellow player who is having the same issue with this level.  Is there any strategy that you can share?  I will keep playing because I hope eventually the game with produce a good batch and I can get the gold.  

This is the last gold medal that I need.  Help.

P.S.   I added my medals as an attachment.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 01:04:16 PM by mrspockfan »
Live Long and Prosper

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dingo Games
    • Email
Re: Picnic Table 6
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 10:48:17 PM »
Sorry, I can't think of any other tips. I assume that you have figured out the fastest way to get to mouse-eating size (probably eating the dice at the bottom and then the dominoes and blocks in the middle-left)? If you are doing everything else correctly, then it largely comes down to luck. I probably made the times on this level a bit too hard.

The fact that it relies so much on luck is bad... If I were making a Tasty Planet sequel, I would design the levels in such a way to minimize the amount of luck involved in getting a good time.

mrspockfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 07:17:55 AM »
Thanks James.

I do eat the dominoes at the bottom and then middle left.  I'll keep trying and let you know when I make all gold.  I never thought I would make silver much less 59 gold medals.  It's only a matter of time. ;D

I said it before, but you made a really great game.
Live Long and Prosper

voorash

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 07:10:39 PM »
I put a video on youtube of me getting silver with 37 seconds remaining.  I made a couple small errors any of which could have cost me the gold but I think this is the most efficient way to do it.  Search picnic 6 almost gold on you tube.